Dyson warranty: terms and conditions.
What are the terms and conditions of the warranty?
The terms and conditions of a Dyson warranty are as follows:
- The warranty becomes effective at the date of purchase (or the date of delivery if this is later).
- You must provide proof of delivery / purchase before any work can be carried out on your machine under the warranty. Please note that without this proof any work carried out will be chargeable. Please keep your purchase receipt or delivery note.
- All work will be carried out by Dyson or its authorised agents.
- Any parts which are replaced will become the property of Dyson.
- The repair or replacement of your machine under warranty will not extend or renew the period of the warranty.
- The warranty is only applicable to Dyson machines purchased and used within the Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR. (The warranty will not be applied if the machine is not purchased from a local retailer and not imported to Hong Kong SAR or Macau SAR by Dyson HK Limited or its authorized distributors.).
The Dyson warranty does not affect the warranty obligations of the seller (which may or may not be Dyson) arising from the purchase agreement with the end consumer. You can call us free on HK: (+852) 3065 9666 OR Macau: (+853) 6825 8567 (Open 9am – 9pm Monday to Sunday. Closed on public holidays.)
What does a Dyson warranty cover?
A Dyson warranty covers the repair or replacement (at Dyson's sole discretion) of your Dyson machine if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship within the warranty period.
If any part is no longer available (e.g. particular colour variations), Dyson will replace it with a functional replacement part.
What isn't covered by a Dyson warranty?
Dyson machines are engineered and constructed for continual high performance in normal domestic settings. If a Dyson machine is used in the way it's intended and it breaks down within the warranty period, it's our responsibility to repair or replace it.
There are, however, some circumstances in which a Dyson warranty doesn't cover the repair or replacement of a machine. These aren't hidden in the small print. Here's what isn't covered:
- Normal wear and tear, including parts that might wear out over time (e.g. fuse, belt, brush bar, batteries, filters etc.).
- Accidental damage
- Damage as a result of use not in accordance with the rating plate. Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended appliance maintenance.
- Removal of blockages. If your machine becomes blocked, please refer to the Dyson Operating Manual for details of how to unblock it.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Failures caused by circumstances outside of Dyson’s control.
- Faults caused by:
- Negligent use, misuse, neglect or careless operation of the machine.
- Use of the machine which is not in accordance with the Dyson Operating Manual.
- Use of a Dyson machine for anything other than normal domestic household purposes.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not Dyson Genuine Components.
- Faulty assembly or installation (except where carried out by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Dyson or its authorized agents.
If you have any questions about what a Dyson warranty covers, we'll be happy to help. You can call us free on HK: (+852) 3065 9666 OR Macau: (+853) 6825 8567 (Open 9am – 9pm Monday to Sunday. Closed on public holidays.)
Dyson reserves the right to amend the terms and condition within the warranty period without notice, please visit our website for any details of warranty terms and conditions.
This terms and conditions only apply to consumer machines. For B2B Products, the warranty terms of the sale or purchase agreement applies.